Now is a Great Time to Plan
Catholic Cemeteries are sanctuaries for the living and the resting place for the faithfully departed. Your archdiocesan cemeteries are permanent places of remembrance and prayer in sacred, beautiful and serene environments.
The Planning Challenge
Seventy-five percent of us over the age of 35 have thought about our own funeral but only 12% of have made a plan*. Why can this be so difficult?
• Fear of death
• Indifference or lack of urgency
• Uncomfortable topic
Our Church offers the rites, ministry and resources to help you prepare. Pre-planning is arranging your personal or family burial needs in advance of when they might be required. A Pre-Need Plan allows you to make dignified decisions that results in peace of mind and avoidance of mental and financial stress for your family. A Pre-Need Plan:
• Lessens the burden on your spouse or children
• Provides choice locations when you have the time to make decisions
• Allows you to make financial choices not impaired by sorrow
• Saves on plot and niche costs today in an environment of increasing land prices
The FREE Catholic Personal Planning Guide provides you with all the information necessary to prepare your family. In it you’ll find information about:
• The value of the Vigil, the Catholic Funeral Mass and Rite of Committal
• Traditional burial, mausoleum entombment and interment of cremated remains
• Cemetery locations in Greater Vancouver and the Fraser Valley
• Financing options
The guide also includes forms you can complete for your family outlining instructions regarding funeral service choices, cemetery decisions, whom to contact, location of important documents and personal papers, as well as important family history.
To download your Free Planning Guide today, please provide your information: